Friday, October 15, 2010

Reading Reflection

Over the past nine weeks I have been introduced to many radical thoughts through the books I have read not only on my own time, but for class. Aldous Huxley's Brave New World opened my eyes to the fact that our society today is quickly spiraling downward into a valueless abyss much like that portayed in BNW. By pointing this truth out to me, Huxley's book has helped me to notice every instance of traditional values being stripped from the media. Dan Brown's Angels and Demons not only introduced me to many artworks and destinations previously unknown, but also thrilled me with the way it weaved historical significance into every twist and turn in the story.

Although I found "inking my thinking" difficult, I have to admit that I came to a better understanding of the underlying meanings of the stories I read by coming up with information and questions to write in my journal. I will definitely use the skills I learned by "inking my thinking" in the future.

In the future I plan to expand on my historical knowledge by reading other works by Dan Brown as well as having a good mixture of other reads by various authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment